I know it’s too late for you to make a costume this year for Halloween but there’s always next year (thanks Google!) or a themed celebration. This is a great costume because it looks very homemade and people will appreciate the effort you put into it.
Large piece of cardboard
10 pieces of white typing paper
Blue eye shadow
Long piece of ribbon
Paintbrushes (small and medium)
1. Curve the edge of the cardboard so that it makes a rounded plume. Cover the cardboard in white typing paper so that you can paint on it.
2. Draw teardrop shaped plumes all over the paper. Paint them in! I found it easiest to paint all the centers dark blue, then all the light blues, etc. Finally, add some gold wispies around the centers.
3. When it’s all dry, hold up the plume to your back and mark a hole beneath your armpit and above your shoulder near your neck for both arms. It is important that these are very close together. The ribbon can always stretch but if the holes are too far apart than the cardboard won’t stay straight on your back.
4. Thread ribbon thru the holes and tie them in the back to hold the plumes on your back.
5. Wear blues/green/teal clothing. I wore a teal sweater, green skirt, and blue stockings.
6. Paint your face! Don’t forget dark blue eyeshadow!
7. Pin feathers in your hair standing up like real feathers.